Monday, March 23, 2009

Early Spring?

We have been fortunate to get some decent weather by the middle of March. This has given us the opportunity to get outside and get a jump on yard work and vehicle maintenance. When the first of April rolls around, we will begin our weekend treks to the lake...finally!

A Sunday evening wind storm during the same period in March took down a 40' blue spruce in our back yard so that added to the work we needed to get done. I'm not going to complain though, because I've seen years when we've had lousy weather right up to Memorial Day.

Hopefully, the economic problems will not affect many of our friends at the campground. I would hate to begin the season with missing faces. I know of the passing of one of one person (Sharon) who was a part of the campground for many years...she will be missed. I also know of several friends that are dealing with health issues and our prayers will be with them this season. I think that at times like these, there may be no greater therapy than the fellowship we have with our campground neighbors.

No comments: