Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I Want To Bake At The Lake!

Shelly is visiting her mom in Florida for Mother's Day and when she returns we'll be ready for a l-o-n-g summer at the lake. We lost two lake friends this spring and along with the job stress/transition, it makes summer vacation even more welcome this year.

Spring planting and yardwork is done, and the vehicles are in good running shape. There are some projects to do on the RV ... but nothing pressing. I just unloaded a truck of firewood that should last most of the summer. I really want to relax and enjoy this summer.

The condition of the economy makes it hard to plan for the future. So, I guess the smart thing to do is be conservative and keep debt and spending low. I think I'm operating in a pre-retirement mode...not knowing when my career will end. I should feel fortunate that I've been able to remain on staff for 39 years.

One good thing is that worry seems to decrease the closer I get to the lake ... so it must be good therapy. A person can see more clearly what is important and what isn't when you can get away for a while. When you are right in the middle of problems, they start to consume you.

No comments: